The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DRUG & ALCOHOL COUNSELOR CONTRACTOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: MOSHANNON VALLEY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assist in developing, organizing, and conducting programs to provide education for conditions and problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Conducts or assists in conducting individual and/or group counseling sessions and programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides relevant Substance Abuse information for class curriculum.
- Facilitates and co-facilitates didactic educational presentations, group counseling, and individual counseling sessions.
- Selects and recommends new instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program. Maintains knowledge of new developments in the field of substance abuse.
- Maintains a collegian relationship with other substance abuse professionals, programs and associations.
- Participates in related training for substance abuse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduated for an accredited college or university with a minimum BA degree, preferably in human services or CAAP (Certified Associate Addiction Professional Licensure).
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Bi-lingual applicants preferred.