The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIR, REGL BUSINESS MGMT
at The Geo Group
Facility: CENTRAL REGION
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages regional contracts through monthly, quarterly, and annual financial analyses and reports for multiple facilities, at various locations, each operating with a different scope of work and client(s). This position also evaluates and recommends external and internal business opportunities while continually producing the required results from current operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for effective implementation and maintenance of multiple contracts and facilities.
- Establishes controls for annual payroll within assigned region.
- Plans and controls capital expenditures for all plant and equipment.
- Manages long-term lease contracts for facilities and equipment.
- Executes all utility contracts for electricity, gas, water, and waste.
- Manages, hires, and mentors all facility-level business managers and staff. Provides leadership in all business skills to subordinates and peers through both formal and informal instruction designed to maximize individual and facility results.
- Provides business management advice to all functional areas at the facility and regional level to include operations, health services, contracting, food service, and human resources through daily contact.
- Directs business standards and controls through weekly and monthly financial reviews, site visits, and formal internal, external and client audits. Provides information to the Corporate Controller on processes and systems to improve total performance. Establishes checks and balances for human resources, physical and equipment, and financial capital.
- Establishes operational expenditure and capital investments limits as determined by facility size, quarterly budgets, and other controls. Reviews and approves all facility requisitions over the established limits.
- Develops annual financial and operational plans through the budget process for multiple contracts. Compiles revenues for over 200 cost accounts for each department, rolled up into each facility, and then summarized for the region. Establishes target performance for each based on cost accounting standards as set from future corporate requirements, contract pricing, regional economic conditions, past performance, and management ability.
- Works with the Vice President of Pricing to prepare bid packages and alternative proposal analysis for CEO approval. Develops an advanced level spreadsheet analysis that models every aspect of the business enterprise from pre-construction through full operation of all departments. Develops and reviews all cost data and projected financial results.
- Supervises regional Information Systems (IS) from a strong working knowledge of company-wide requirements, current hardware and software developments, and capital investments. Sets regional objectives, reviews and approves IS strategy and purchases.
- Develops and adapts financial tools and analysis for various levels (department, facility, region, and corporate) tailored for use in the company’s core businesses.
- Seeks and establishes new “partners” and vendors to maximize GEO resources. Establishes suppliers and vendors, reviews pricing and quality to establish the best value and subsequently manages the supply chain.
- Acts as the independent Treasurer for the State Political Action Committee. Continually solicits membership, maintains member information, accounts and deposits all payroll deductions, prepares and files semi-annual legal reports, participates in contribution decisions, and signs all disbursements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field such as Business, Finance, or Accounting and seven (7) years of work experience in a finance-related role required with budget preparation and control or administration of government contracts preferred, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education. (Master’s degree in business or public administration can substitute for one year of the required supervisory experience.)
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all employees. Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- An understanding of the contract and client requirements is essential to success, along with a good working knowledge of all functional department operations.
- A strong working knowledge of business and human resources law is essential. All contracts and purchase agreements are reviewed and approved.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization. Ability to exhibit a professional appearance with external clients and various governmental officials.
- Excellent analytical qualities. Ability to develop and maintain complex spreadsheet and other data sources.
- Ability to travel extensively with frequent overnight stays.