The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DEPUTY FACILITY ADMINISTRATOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principal assistant to the Facility Administrator and is responsible for administrative, programmatic, security and operational aspects for the Center. Provides direct and indirect supervision of all subordinate center personnel as the designee of or in the absence of the Facility Administrator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all activities and efforts pertaining to compliance with policies and requirements of the organization and contracting agency.
- Responsible for the formulation, revision, and annual review of the facility’s policies and procedures, post orders and emergency plans in compliance with the requirements as mentioned above.
- Responsible for the timely and effective placement and scheduling of staff to maintain security, order, operational aspects and discipline of the facility.
- Prepares progress, status and other reports on a timely and required basis.
- Has direct oversight of the security department, programs, safety/training and QCP ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
- Responsible to the Warden for center goal formulation and tracking.
- Ensures proper and effective security and control operations to include inspections, shakedowns/searches, counts, use of force and key/tool/utensil/security equipment maintenance, inventory and control.
- Ensure proper observance of detainee rights, access to religion and the courts and enforcement of center rules and disciplinary operations.
- Is available on a 24-hour seven day basis to act as Warden and responds to significant unusual occurrences.
- Conducts staff performance evaluations.
- Reviews activities, performance and operations to determine center progress toward established goals and objectives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in corrections or related field with experience in the field of corrections at the level of mid-management required. Knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility required.
- Experience coordinating and directing activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assertive, yet motivating style.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.