The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position is 20 hours per week
This position performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleans calcareous deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
• Feels lymph nodes under patient's chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate presence of oral cancer.
• Feels and visually examines gums for sores and signs of disease.
• Examines gums to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease.
• Applies fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
• Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
• Exposes and develops x-ray film.
• Makes impressions for study casts.
• Removes sutures and dressings.
• Administers local anesthetic agents.
• Places and removes rubber dams, matrices, and temporary restorations.
• Places, carves, and finishes amalgam restorations.
• Removes excess cement from coronal surfaces of teeth.
• Provides clinical services and health education to improve and maintain oral health.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• An Associate’s degree in dental hygiene from an accredited postsecondary institution or a two-year certificate program
• Appropriate state licensure is also required.
• Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries, and diseases. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance, mental processes, psychological research methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Knowledge of machines and tools using in the department including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department