The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTH MOUNTAIN YOUTH CENTER
Compensation Base: $12.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): $12.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer.
***sign on bonus $1,000***
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Cooks food as directed in the operational menu plan for the facility food service operation. Ensures recipes are extended to the facility population requirements. Maintains accurate production records.
- Directs work, provides training, and performs inspections of work performed by detainee food service staff.
- Prepares meals according to scheduling and sanitation standards. Ensures the quality assurance of all foods and supplies.
- Ensures adherence to special diets and allergen lists.
- Responsible for placing orders for food and supplies as assigned by management. Checks in deliveries and takes inventory of food and supplies as required.
- Ensures the sanitation and safety program is actively practiced in all areas of the department.
- Assists management in maintaining a high-level of good client relations.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- *sign on bonus will be paid out quarterly
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High school diploma and one (1) year prior experience in food preparation obtained in commercial, military, or institutional setting strongly preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Other Qualifications: