The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Clinical Coordinator job opening in the Englewood community of Chicago’s South Side, Southwood Interventions offers an array of substance abuse treatment services.
This position supervises the administrative and human resources and clinical activities of a specific treatment unit. This position ensures that all Company’s policies and procedures are followed. It also serves as the primary role model for employees by leading, guiding and supporting them in such a way that promotes their growth and development. This position is responsible for providing supervision to unit employees on a regular basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains employee schedules that provide adequate coverage to ensure safety for both clients and employees.
- Primary contact for referral sources & maintains positive relationships, resolves problems and projects a positive image of the agency at all times.
- Develops and implements systems to organize and monitor work activities.
- Required to provide some direct services during periods of department staff shortages.
- Interviews and selects most qualified candidates among internal applicants for posted positions.
- Structures, implements and facilitates new employee on-the-job orientation.
- Writes professional development plans in conjunction with employees to aid in their training and development.
- Conducts effective supervisory conferences and performance evaluations with employees, documents the content of such meetings and evaluations and provides feedback to them.
- Determines and implements progressive discipline when needed according to the applicable policy
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services.
Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Qualifications: (education, experience, certification & licensure)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology. Master’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience working with Substance abuse.
- Two (2) years of social service management experience. Preferred
- Ability to work independently.
- CADC, LPC, LCPC, LSW, or LCSW required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and use independent judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to promote positive behavior and manage resistant behavior.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license from employee’s state of residence.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.