Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACT Independent Living Skills Specialist
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- ACT Team
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging opportunity for an ACT Independent Living Specialist. This person will function as a Case Manager on the Assertive Community Team (ACT). The individual will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros Health is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holiday
- Generous paid time off/Vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Tuition discounts through our strategic partnership
Provides direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services that support independent living in a community setting to members. Works in conjunction with the client, their natural and formal supports, and ACT team staff to assess client needs in development of their independent living skills and activities of daily living, to support independent living. Participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a client advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies. Provides on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage.
- HS/GED Required
- Three (3) years experience in the delivery of behavioral health services required
- Three (3) years working as an independent living specialist preferred
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (Level 1) or apply for an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card within 20 working days of employment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, electronic medical record, NextGen preferred
- Interpersonal skills which allow for professional and positive relationships with co-workers, members, families, and other community members
- Good communication skills, evidenced by a non-judgmental approach, effective listening and positive interactions
- Basic understanding of the DSM-V preferred
- Must pass background check and other pre-employment screening
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) preferred
- Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.