Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Director (SETMA)
at Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, develops budgets and reviews monthly financial activity and reporting.
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team, and perform other duties as required by the position.
- Implement new operational models and structures to reduce costs, improve quality and enhance service to patients.
- Collaborate with Physicians and clinical staff, to address and respond to patient care needs and issues.
- Participate in physician recruitment activities, and contract negotiations, as needed.
- Evaluate practice efficiency including all personnel (physicians, clinical and administrative support staff) utilizing accepted quality measures, productivity standards, skill mix comparisons, and patient satisfaction survey data.
- Formulate long-term strategic plans and business development programs for operational needs.
- Complete the annual operating and capital budgets with theEDO,COO,and Budget Manager.
- Direct all functions of physician practice operations for the multiple physician practicesin a designated Steward Physician Market.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree is preferred in Healthcare Administration or related field
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of senior leadership experience in healthcare, including prior experience in Physician Practice Management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact positively with a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrated team building skills.
- Good technical/computer skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Demonstrate skills in business analysis and/or financial management.
- Creative, flexible, self-motivated, professional must possess sound judgment ability to plan and initiate new activities consistent with achieving service excellence.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and a multi-dimensional environment.
- Ability to function effectively within an ever-changing environment and to meet deadlines and reprioritize as necessary.
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present information to small and, at times, large audiences.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled