Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Therapist - Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
Responsible to Steward Health Care (Trumbull Regional Medical Center) for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitative Services for planning and implementing Speech Therapy programs and contributing to overall department function. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Evaluates patients utilizing standard techniques such as appropriate assessment of speech, language, voice cognitive and swallowing disorders.
- Carries out treatment plan demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the principles and application of speech/language pathology techniques.
- Monitors, reevaluates and documents patient's progress on the appropriate medical record.
- Monitors departmental equipment and supplies and reports the need for reordering or repair to the Director.
- Supervises and observes support personnel engaged in patient treatment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology required. Master’s degree in Speech/Language Pathology required. After orientation, up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Ohio Speech Pathologist license required. Certification in BLS by the American Heart Association or Red Cross required or obtain certification within one month. ASHA certification preferred/optional.