Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker/MSW Non-MNA- Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 29238
Location: Good Samaritan Medical Center
Posted Date: 6/22/2020
|The Clinical Social Worker is responsible the management of the social, emotional and financial wellbeing of the patients identified as needing the services of the Clinical Social Worker. The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the discharge plan, exercising appropriate assessment and intervention skills. The Clinical Social Worker will accept referrals from the outpatient areas and refer to community agencies as necessary. The Clinical Social Worker will provide education/consultation to the Nurse Managers and Nursing Staff to ensure achievement of quality patient outcomes.|
1. Collaborates with the PCP to identify high-risk medical/social management patients.
2. Develop an individualized plan with the PCP for appropriate services for the patient.
3. Coordinate discharge/follow up activities.
4. Discuss with families the financial ramifications of their decisions and provide guidance in placement issues.
5. Provide individualized psychotherapy, supportive counseling and group therapy as needed.
6. Make referrals to community agencies when appropriate.
7. Identify potential legal or risk management issues and discuss with Director.
8. Ensure that resources are managed in a cost-effective manner while achieving positive clinical outcomes.
9. Identify service needs, systems issues and opportunities for expansion of services.
10. Participate in continuing education programs that are relevant to job function.
11. Act as a patient advocate.
12. Document initial assessment, proposed plan, any changes to plan and final discharge plan in the medical record.
13. Documentation will be in a timely manner.
14. Communicate in a timely manner with Skilled Nursing Facilities, Community Health Agencies, Physicians and other staff.
15. Complete statistical reports as requested by supervisory staff.
16. Educate PCPs and clinical staffs on alternative care management options including high-tech home care, skilled nursing facility capabilities, and disease management initiatives.
17. Educate patients regarding managed care and Medicare processes/regulations.
18. Provide patient teaching to patient and/or family.
19. Promote Clinical Social Work services within legal, ethical and professional standards.
20. Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
21. Serve as a resource for members of the Case Management department.
22. Provide education/consultation as needed to other health care team members and to health care consumers.
23. Attend UMCM meetings as assigned and scheduled.
24. Participate in the facility Quality Improvement Plan through unit and/or divisional quality control/quality improvement activities.
25. Maintain current up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements.
26. Collaborate with other agencies for the education and benefit of the staff and hospital.
27. Represent the department on hospital wide teams for the betterment of service to the patients.
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital’s service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
Excellent assessment, diagnostic and crisis intervention skills.
Evidence of professional development.
|Masters in Social Work|
|Five years experience in the clinical setting.|
|Current Licensure in Massachusetts as Licensed Clinical Social Worker|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!