Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN-Market Float Pool / Day / FT or Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager, renders professional nursing care per physician’s treatment plans and standards of evidence-based practice/care. In doing so, assesses patient’s condition, plans patient care, administers prescribed drugs, provides treatments, provides appropriate patient education, and evaluates patient’s progress, records pertinent observations and report responses to drugs and treatments. Assists with examinations and prepares instruments and equipment. Advocates for patient to achieve the best possible outcome
Units Covered in this Float Pool
General Surgery, Medical, Surgical Cardiovascular, Telemetry, Transitional Care Unit, Med/Surg, Rehabilitation, Medical Psychiatry, Orthopedics or other units within competency.
- Position requires employees to be available to work shifts at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas and The Medical Center of Southeast Texas at Beaumont Victory Campus.
- Must have current TX State Registered Nurse Licensure or eligible.
- Must have 1 year of RN experience in Med/Surg and Telemetry.
- Current BLS (CPR) issued by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills are relevant to total patient care/area to safely and efficiently treat patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families, and members of the Health Care team.
- Writes/prints legibly to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor to be an effective patient advocate
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran