Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Job Summary: Nashoba Valley Medical Center seeks a compassionate RN to join a top performing team dedicated to outstanding patient-centered care.
- Communicates with physicians/Nurse Manager/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to General Responsibility Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs patient care Responsibilities: considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain; Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Ability to assess and reassess pain and pain management techniques utilized.
- Educates the patient and family regarding pain management treatment.
- Able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- MA RN Licensure
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing - BSN Preferred
- 1 year acute care experience in a hospital setting
- BLS required; ACLS preferred
- Telemetry experience a plus