Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Work as a part of a critical care team comprised of an Intensivist Physician and NP/PA providers in an 18 bed combined medical/surgical ICU, located at Good Samaritan Medical Center in Brockton, MA.
• Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of critically ill patients as well as communication with specialty consultants, patients and families.
• Daily progress note documentation
• Ventilator management
• Laboratory interpretation
• Capable of performing procedures such as central line placement PICC and A-lines
• Typically first responder to "Rapid Response" and "Code Blue"
• MA Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
• Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
• 2 Years of experience strongly preferred