Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapy Assistant - 32 hrs/week - Day Shift
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy program. BS or MS in Occupational Therapy. Previous experience in psychiatric occupational therapy preferred. Licensed by the
Obtains all appropriate information from patient medical records and/or interview. Consults with physicians and other caregivers as needed.
Chooses and utilizes appropriate evaluation tests and tools while maintaining the safety of the patient.
- Sets measurable goals inclusive of family/patient goals and expectations.
- Establishes appropriate treatment plan based on results of subjective and objective assessment and precautions.
- Monitors physiological and psychological responses of treatment and revises treatment plan and goals appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provides education/instruction to patient/family and other health care providers.
- Documentation is consistently timely, legible, and accurate.
- Carries a patient load that reflects the established productivity standard of 70%.
- Coordinates patient care with COTA.
- Supervises students and provides observational experiences. Thoroughly completes student evaluation when applicable and submits the evaluation to center clinical coordinator within the established timeframe.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth through continuing education.
Important COVID message
Please note, Holy Family Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.