Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Assistant - Hillside Rehab Hospital - Full Time, Night shift
at Steward Health Care System
At Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
This Nursing Assistant position is a Full Time position. In this role you will work 3 twelve hour shifts per week (6pm-6:30am) and will work every other weekend and every other holiday.
- High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in Healthcare/Diversified Health Education.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants who are students in the health care field.
- Previous experience as a nurse assistant preferred.
- Requires one-three years’ experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility.
- Current registration by the state of Ohio as a State Tested Nursing Assistant by the Ohio Department of Health preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Provider CPR by the American Heart Association preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists patients and families during the admission, discharge, and transfer process.
- Promotes the hospital’s rehabilitation concept by encouraging patients and families to achieve their maximum potential of function and self-sufficiency in all activities of daily living.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and manages time effectively in order to complete daily work.
- Observes and reports to appropriate personnel information concerning the patient’s status, plan of care, family concerns or requests, and other pertinent data.
- Takes initiative to request and participate in hospital in services and other programs or activities that promote personal growth and life-long learning and development.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.