Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Business Analyst
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Business Analyst is responsible for creating, analyzing, and maintaining multiple practice and provider financial statements to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The Financial Business Analyst is a key member of SMG's corporate team and is a significant contributor to achieving all of it’s financial performance goals.
- Own financials for multiple hospital markets; be the subject matter expert on market activity.
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and analysis, meeting organizational and departmental deadlines.
- Participate in monthly financial performance review with senior leadership and practice directors; possess clear and effective communication skills
- Develop financial models for productivity, compensation, and expense management control.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through collaborating with practice directors to develop and publish both financial and operational dashboards.
- Partner with practice directors to create annual operating budgets, exercise critical thinking in identifying variances to plan and determining solutions to those variances.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Respond timely to emails and phone messages within a 24-hour period.
- Use tact, sensitivity and professionalism in communicating effectively and respectfully with the leadership team, physicians, co-workers and others.
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of the company.
- Perform other duties as required for this job.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management, Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- 2 or more years of work experience, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with financial reporting and analyzing budgets.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Experience with Kaufman Hall Budget Advisor (Axiom), Tableau, Meditech financial modules, Lawson, Kronos, VBA, or Athena are preferred but not required
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills are required.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus.
- Confidentiality is required