St. Joseph Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pool RN IV (7p-7a-Night Shift), Intensive Care Unit
at St. Joseph Medical Center
Manages critically ill patients. Provides care to patients ages 14 through elderly adults.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracking and evaluating patient laboratory and physical assessment parameters.
- Provides care and education with age-related needs for adolescent, young adults and elderly populations in a highly technical environment.
- Manages patient care in rapidly changing circumstances and takes action to avoid or minimize patient compromise.
- Complete management of medication and intravenous therapy. Support patient’s vital signs by safely titrating medication.
- Manages equipment used to monitor multiple physiologic systems, including ventilators, intra-cranial pressure (ICP) drains, arterial lines, Swan -Ganz catheters, and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP).
- Maintains eight (8) hours of stroke specific education yearly.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse accepted by Texas State Board of Nursing to Engage in professional nursing.
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to patient care/area.
- Certification requirements as defined by the certification policy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) - REQUIRED prior to patient care
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - REQUIRED prior to patient care
- National Institute of Healthcare Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certifications - REQUIRED 90 days after Date of Hire
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) - REQUIRED 90 days after Date of Hire
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Baccalaureate degree or progression to this degree.
- National Certification as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Bi or Multilingual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED