South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HMC CLINIC HEALTH INFORMATICS SPECIALIST (PCN 287)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 987
Work Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm
The primary function of the Clinic Health Informatics Specialist (CHIS) is to champion the clinic’s electronic health record (EHR) application (Athena-Health), train and provide technical support to the clinic support staff and providers, resolve process issues with the EHR, develop and streamline reporting, and promote enhanced system functionality. This position is part of a team-based approach in providing patient-centered care. The Clinic Health Informatics Specialist understands the clinical support needs from the health information system (HIS), and has the technical knowledge to leverage the EHR to meet clinic requirements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- An associate’s degree in information systems or 5 years of relevant work experience in informatics is required.
- Three years recent clinical experience in a clinic environment preferred; alternate direct patient care and clinical applications experience considered.
- Two years’ experience working in a computerized clinical system or other information systems including database applications considered.
- Knowledge of Critical Access Hospital/Rural Health Clinic requirements is preferred.
- Project management experience is helpful.
- Practical knowledge and experience of PC business software including word processing, spreadsheets, and outlook is required.
- Demonstrated teaching skills preferred. Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail and producing quality work is essential for this position.
- Must be well organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have a technical aptitude of computer systems.
- Must have good keyboarding and data entry skills.
Homer Medical Center/South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital, 28 bed long term care facility, orthopedic and family practice clinics located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing for extended periods, stooping and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including blood-borne pathogens, muscle strains, falls, and needle stick injuries. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on scheduling needs and patient census.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!