Santa Cruz Bicycles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Santa Cruz Bicycles
Santa Cruz Bicycles is searching for a Payroll Analyst to join our growing Finance team. The Payroll Analyst will own the domestic Payroll processes for our 250-employee global organization. The ideal candidate has experience running payroll for a multijurisdictional workforce with a high degree of global and domestic mobility. This person must have high attention to detail, developed analytical and quantitative skills, strong systems understanding and comfort working with highly sensitive and confidential information. The Payroll Analyst will work in conjunction with the HR department to ensure an accurate and compliant payroll process.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll for over 250 employees; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Coordinate with the Finance and Human Resources department to gather all resources needed to run payroll
- Handle the administration of the electronic time clock including monitoring submissions of approved timesheets and ensuring valid data transfers to and from payroll service
- Maintain employee records to ensure employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis; review changes for proper authorization and adherence to policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Ensure proper filing of all supporting documents and generate reports in a timely fashion
- Ensure all new hire information is correct and received prior to processing in the payroll system
- Process all 401(k) contribution changes and terminations
- Prepare the annual testing and audit documentation and assist with communication of the required 401(k) notices
- Ensure employee benefit contributions and payment of benefits statements are processed on a monthly basis
- Maintain all files with the utmost security for the protection of the employees
- Complete all tax reporting on a periodic, quarterly and annual basis for a multi-state payroll, maintain compliance based on state and Federal regulations
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and review weekly payroll register
- Implement new procedures for payroll best practices as needed
- Oversee compliance and payments for garnishments and child support orders
Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Payroll Certification - CPP
- 8+ years experience in payroll
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, and Smartsheet.
- Experience with processing payroll for up to 250 employees, 150 being hourly employees
- Knowledge of multi-state tax compliance, FLSA and state labor laws
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system. Experience with Namely preferred but not required
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Works well within a team - no drama
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred and 8+ years experience processing a multi-state payroll.
Why work here: For 25 years Santa Cruz Bicycles has tried to do things a bit differently. Our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bicycles in the world and have fun doing it, but there is a lot more to it than that.
We can offer you great benefits that include 100% paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401K matching, monthly employee events and major discounts on bikes and bike gear. Those parts come with the industry. We can offer you a relaxed working environment, local single-track, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in a great place to live. Those parts come with the territory.
But what we really want is what you have to offer us. We want to attract job seekers that are looking for a brand that they can be an integral part of, and not just "a company to work for". It's the individual personalities, and the raw enthusiasm for the brand that makes this place special, and that comes directly from the employees of Santa Cruz Bicycles.
Skill / Requirements
1. Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred
2. Payroll Certification - CPP
3. 8+ years experience in payroll
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
6. Excellent computer skills with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, and Smartsheet.
7. Experience with processing payroll for up to 250 employees, 150 being hourly employees
8. Knowledge of multi-state tax compliance, FLSA and state labor laws
9. Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system. Experience with Namely preferred but not required
10. Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
11. Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
12. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
13. Works well within a team - no drama