Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nutrition Program Manager, Yemen
at Samaritan's Purse
We have an opening for you to serve as a Nutrition Program Manager in Yemen! The Nutrition Program Manager is responsible for managing the implementation and design of nutrition projects on behalf of Samaritan’s Purse in Yemen. You will be the primary point of contact for partners on the ground as well as donors on nutrition programs, and will advise leadership and staff on accepted local practices and rules. Major responsibilities include training IYCF volunteers on IYCF best practices and field-level employees on IYCF/OTP protocols.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This role is an unaccompanied position.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage a team of national staff doctors, nurses, nutrition officers, and nutrition assistants to deliver excellent outpatient nutrition care.
- Train IYCF volunteers on IYCF protocols. Train SP field and partner staff on best IYCF/OTP practices.
- Participate in community-based health education, including training on preventative health care by training and supporting program staff on basic health topics and building the capacity of program staff to educate caregivers.
- Establish and promote "Mother to Mother" support groups, which educate mothers on exclusive breastfeeding for six months and promote IYCF key messages among the child caregivers.
- Ensure that all treatment pathways fall within the context of approved government standards of care as well as Samaritan’s Purse pre-determined mandate for the nutrition program.
- Coordinate with other nutrition and health partners to establish a referral mechanism.
- Maintain adequate supply chains for nutrition supplies and medicines.
- Work in support of the Country Director, as well as other relevant program staff to create carefully constructed proposals and budgets for new projects and extension of projects in the nutrition sector.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse to local donor representatives, to include UN agencies and USAID/OFDA, Government Authorities, and all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that plans and proposals address critical needs and meet donor criteria for provision of funding.
- Ensure effective budget management at field level, including correct coding of expenses and adherence to Samaritan’s Purse internal financial management guidelines.
- Be responsible for the establishment of reporting procedures and formats, and preparation of reports for management and donors.
- Attend medical, health, and nutrition sector meetings with the purpose of networking and gaining crucial information on the work of other agencies.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition, or related field of study.
- Advanced University Degree (M.Sc./B.Sc.) in Nursing, Public Health, or Nutrition (highly preferred).
- 3-5 years nutrition programming experience (required).
- Donor liaison experience, especially with UNICEF, WFP, and WHO (preferred).
- Management and capacity building experience of national staff in NGO programming (preferred).
- Strong facilitation, problem solving, interpersonal, flexibility, and adaptability skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Field experience in the Middle East or similar context and knowledge of the region is a strong asset.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs and appropriate software for nutrition monitoring (Epi info, ENA), have strong mathematical, analytical, and reasoning abilities.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills.
- Language: Knowledge of Arabic (preferred).
What you receive:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. Include in your cover letter any prior security training, if applicable. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)