Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DC8 Flight Mechanic/Maintenance Specialist
at Samaritan's Purse
Whether it's taking an emergency field hospital and medical personnel to earthquake victims or delivering supplies to tornado or flooding victims, our DC-8 cargo plane is there. Members of the aviation team are critical to the mission of meeting the physical and spiritual needs of people around the world. You could have a Career With Impact as a Flight Mechanic/Maintenance Specialist. The position performs aircraft inspections and maintenance to airworthy standards that meet or exceed FAA requirements.
- Maintain, alter, or perform preventative maintenance, and complete all work in strict adherence to SP MIP and Federal Aviation Regulations part 43.
- Assist in maintenance of all aircraft facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Perform line service duties including refueling.
- Perform pre-flight inspections on company aircraft.
- Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
- Perform continuous coordination with Director of Maintenance and other technicians to ensure work continuity is maintained for maintenance actions.
- Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and grounds to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
- Repair and maintain all aircraft ground support equipment.
- Tow and park of all company and transient aircraft while utilizing facilities.
- Proper handling of storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
- Travel with the aircraft as crew member and perform all of the aforementioned duties associated with the aircraft and its mission.
- Ensure travel documents and inoculations are kept up to date for worldwide availability.
- Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at Greensboro base and enroute destinations.
- Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience with DC8 maintenance. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Maintain FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
DC8 experience desired.
Full Benefits Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
Location: Hangar in Greensboro, NC.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)