Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aviation Maintenance Technician
at Samaritan's Purse
Samaritan’s Purse, Mission Aviation Services, is seeking a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, who has been called to make disciples of all nations through use of their aviation related knowledge, skills, and abilities. This position requires the applicant hold a United States, Federal Aviation Administration, Mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Ten years of turbine aviation maintenance experience required. Inspection Authorization preferred. This position will require frequent travel, irregular schedules, and a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Maintain SP aircraft in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations.
Perform preflight and post flight inspections.
Coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and other aircraft maintenance technicians to ensure aircraft are properly maintained.
Travel with the aircraft as a crewmember and perform duties associated with the mission. Ensure travel documents and inoculations are current for global travel.
Repair and maintain aircraft ground support equipment.
Perform line service duties including but, not limited to lavatory service and refueling.
Clean interiors and exteriors of aircraft.
Assist in maintaining hangar facilities and lease property to meet the highest possible standards of safety and appearance.
Tow and secure company and transient aircraft while utilizing SP facilities.
Assist with loading and unloading of the aircraft at home base and enroute destinations.
Operate aircraft ground and loading equipment.
Properly handle storage of hazardous materials used on a daily basis.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additionally, ten (10) years of industry aircraft maintenance experience maintaining large turbine powered aircraft.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings. Inspector Authorization preferred.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave
- Relocation Package available (not a remote position)
Location: Hangar in Greensboro, NC.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)