Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agriculture and Shelter Program Manager, Iraq
at Samaritan's Purse
We are hiring an Agriculture and Shelter Program Manager in Iraq! As the Agriculture and Shelter Program Manager, you will oversee a program focused on agricultural assistance and shelter rehabilitation for affected populations. Samaritan’s Purse is engaged in the work of trying to rebuild resiliency among affected communities by restoring livelihoods, especially in the agricultural sector. This grant funded program will run until the end of 2020 with a high potential for renewal.
Be the hands and feet of Jesus! Allow God to utilize your talents for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us today!
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
2020 contract with the potential for renewal.
Subject to availability of funding.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Implement an externally funded agriculture and shelter program pilot as the project’s main field operator for Samaritan's Purse.
- Oversee the implementation of interventions to support planting of agricultural farmlands, rehabilitation of war damaged homes, and water/hygiene/sanitation infrastructure.
- Oversee assistance, training, and monitoring of project beneficiaries, ensuring that interventions are in line with beneficiary needs, skills, and meet program objectives.
- Manage and mentor staff including engineers, agriculture and livelihood specialists, administrative assistant.
- Supervise contractors, employees, temporary laborers as needed to ensure equity and quality standards are met.
- Coordinate with local authorities, government agencies, and the participants to ensure the timely completion of activities to the maximum benefit of those involved.
- Advise in the negotiation of terms of contracts with private and governmental agencies.
- Identify and design ideas for further agricultural and shelter programming in the area.
- Coordinate with logistics for procurement, warehousing, and delivery.
- Steward the budget faithfully in accordance with Samaritan’s Purse and external donor’s finance protocols.
- Ensure accountability, adequate reporting, and grant compliance.
We need you to bring:
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university in Agriculture, Development, Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field of study.
- 2+ years of technical working experience either in engineering or agriculture/livelihoods (required).
- Strong knowledge of agriculture, food processing, and/or irrigation systems.
- Experience working with contractors and around construction sites.
- Experience managing a team of staff.
- Experience working and living overseas (preferred), with ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Strong project management, financial management, organizational, and relational skills. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions under pressure.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Language: Fluency in English (required). Strong English language writing and oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Language: Arabic skills (preferred).
What you receive:
- Career with purpose!
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1 year)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave
Please provide a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position and be sure to include your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)