Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staffing Coordinator, On Call
at Samaritan Healthcare
Tight knit Community, lasting care
At Samaritan Healthcare we are dedicated to providing healthcare services to the community that we serve. We are committed to providing the very best work environment for our employees and the very best care to our patients.
We are seeking a Staffing Coordinator for our Samaritan Healthcare community in sunny, Moses Lake, Washington! As a Staffing Coordinator you are responsible for working with Department Directors and the Point of Entry Care Manager on duty to plan/maintain daily staffing and monthly schedules for nursing departments.
The individual in this position reports to the Chief Nursing Officer. This position works closely with all nursing departments and staff in order to provide adequate and safe staff coverage.
You may qualify for this position with the following credentialing and experience:
- Associate’s Degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Previous experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in an acute care setting, preferred.
- Previous experience as a staffing coordinator or other clerical hospital experience.
- Must possess the ability to manage work schedules for the Nursing staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of stressful situations. Utilizes diplomacy and tact in interactions with staff and the public.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher. Experience with Meditech and electronic scheduling systems, i.e. Kronos.
- Must have ability to work accurately with numbers and schedules.
- Ability to continuously multi-task, with strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Basic Life Support Heartsaver (HS) level to be completed within three (3) months of hire.