Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY - Licensed Practical Nurse - Conchos
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 976
Categories: Healthcare - LPNs & LVNs, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 6/18/2019
- 19/20 SY - Licensed Practical Nurse - Conchos JobID: 976
- Position Type:
Allied Health/Licensed Practical Nurse
- Date Posted:
Ignacio Conchos Elemetary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
- Provide services with direction from the school nurse.
- Record communication directed by the school nurse and principal.
- Accompany ill or injured students to their homes or hospital when necessary.
- Administer medication in accordance with Board adopted policy.
- Provide emergency services for illnesses and injuries occurring at school.
- Enlist the services of paramedics in accordance with plans and procedures developed by the school nurse and principal.
- Observe students to detect health needs including impetigo, scabies, and lice.
- Maintain student health files.
- Order supplies for health and clerical services.
- Maintain a clean health office including the cleanliness of the beds, sinks, and health equipment.
- Provide assistance to students with severe health problems by riding the handicapped bus in the event of emergencies.
- Provide assistance in vision and hearing screenings.
- Participate in monthly nursing meetings.
- Provide proficient services for special needs students including tracheotomy suctioning, tracheotomy care, G-tube feeding and care, caterization, SVNTX via tracheotomy, etc.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and skills in providing nursing services.
- English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Able to work with detail and maintain accurate records.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Able to bend, lift 40 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
CLASSIFICATION: School Site – Level 26
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMMARY: The licensed practical nurse will provide health care services and help to minimize absences due to illness that will promote the fullest educational opportunity for students.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Completion of accredited LPN program.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Current Arizona LPN license.
Arizona driver’s license and good driving record.
Previous experience in health care preferred.
The working environment is a typical school nursing office.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Level 26, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!