Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher, Special Education Preschool
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To create an individualized instructional program that leads students toward the fulfillment of their greatest potential by adapting the district curriculum goals and objectives into learning experiences for each individual student.
- Valid State of Arizona Special Education Teaching Certificate
- Early Childhood Endorsement or Certificate
- Meets all certification requirements for the grade level/subject area
- Fingerprint clearance for the State of Arizona
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Supports the strategic plan of QCUSD
- Plans and implements a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students within the district curriculum
- Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement established curriculum goals and objectives
- Maintains and updates IEPs for special education students using a computer-based system
- Monitors and assesses student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis to students and their parents
- Diagnoses, instructs and evaluates specific student needs and seeks assistance of district specialists as required
- Communicates goals and/or objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner using clear and precise language, reporting on quarterly goals, and manage and update Teaching Strategies Goal
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing the development of proper student behavior
- Creates educational experiences that provide each student the opportunity to develop his/her potential in the areas of personal-social adjustment, decision-making, positive self-image and other life skills
- Promotes and follows the adopted school district philosophy, policies, regulations and administrative procedures
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students, parents and community in a positive, professional and ethical manner
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Assumes individual responsibilities which may be assigned by the principal/supervisor and which may relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision or other planning and other duties as assigned
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Completes three-year-evaluations in communications with School Psychologists and related personnel
- Creates schedule of delivery in collaboration with general education teachers and site administrators
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to apply physical exertion including running, jumping, climbing, tugging, lifting, pulling, and restraining. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: General leave days per policy GCCA
COMPENSATION: As per Certified Pay Scale
EVALUATION: Annually by Principal/Special Education Director in accordance with Board policy.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Director of Special Education
HOURS: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: El Coordinador de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Monday, September 14, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)