Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bus Driver Trainee
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To learn how to operate District school buses to provide safe and efficient transportation to and from school and special events in a positive and effective manner
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Have, or be able to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger, “S”, and Air Brake endorsements
- Must be able to pass a School Bus Drivers physical examination, per Federal and State Department of Transportation laws, including substance abuse screening
- Must be able to pass the State of Arizona Physical Performance Test for School Bus Drivers
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., be able to exert 25 –30 lbs. of force frequently, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, and to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have an excellent attendance record
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Become familiar with all traffic laws, safety regulations, and District policies as they pertain to school bus driving
- Comply with all Minimum Standards for School Bus Drivers
- Learn how to operate all vehicles in a safe, efficient manner, and transport only authorized students and personnel
- Communicate with Director, vehicle drivers, and District staff, in a professional manner
- Learn how to drive all bus routes and/or assignments, as designed on schedule and discharge students only at authorized bus stops
- Maintain order on the bus and report student discipline problems to the Director
- Learn basic checkout and emergency procedures
- Learn to provide departmental reports as requested
- Learn how to complete written reports and discuss with Director all accidents, vehicle damage, and student injury situations
- Learn how to report and request, in writing, all necessary vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Learn how to keep the interior of the assigned bus in clean condition
- Attend mandatory department meetings
- Learn how to operate a mechanical wheelchair lift and secure wheelchairs, if the bus is so equipped
- Learn how to perform mandatory pre-trip and post-trip inspections properly
- Maintain confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or his/her designee
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 180 days, Vacation and personnel leave days per District Policy GDD and GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter F Once trained, salary moves to Letter M ($14.04-$14.61)
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation and/or his/her designee
HOURS: 25 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, February 22, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)