PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Direct Support Professional
at PPEP, Inc. Portable, Practical Educational Preparation, Inc.
Under the direct supervision of the IDD Residential Coordinator or Program Manager, provides team leadership and home oversight for weekend staff and weekend services to direct care members in the home. This includes oversight of personal care to IDD members, oversees weekend social activities, and ensures quality of life for all. Assigned to a weekend shift and included in employee ratio in home, Sr. DSP will report to home Residential Coordinator on weekend shift home activities and incidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and provides direction on weekend home routines, member care, social activities and responds to incidents and report all immediate serious incidents to ON Call Residential Coordinator.
- Adapts activity schedules on weekend shift so that members are engaged in activities they enjoy and are beneficial.
- Teach staff, and assist in providing basic living skills to members that include personal hygiene, food preparation, attending to resident needs, administer medications and transportation to individuals to residents.
- Assist with weekend activity and menu planning, coordinate with home Residential Coordinator to ensure a continuum and coordination of services and planned activities are provided during the weekend shifts.
- Handles staff call-offs.
- Support weekend routines in home-like environments and participates in the creation of recreational plans/activities, and community interactions as scheduled. Contributes to independent living skill development of members. .
- Observes, documents observations, progress, special incidents, and complies with documentation and records requirements and ensures that weekend staff are completing all required paperwork.
- Reviews Incident Reports for accuracy, completeness and legibility and reports any improper conduct from staff to the Residential Coordinator.
- Handles member injuries
- Manage activity and client funds.
- Maintains and models positive interactions and communications as needed during the weekend with support coordinators, parents, guardians, community members, and other professionals.
- Review each resident’s records to insure compliance with required care and to remain informed of any further prescriptions provided.
- Communicate in an effective manner with other direct care staff, medical professionals, and program managers regarding services provided and the needs of the residents.
- Insure that living environment is kept clean and that resident personal belongings are maintained, cleaned and respected.
- Maintain a proactive approach to the upkeep, safety and maintenance needs of the living environments all in the best interest and safety of residents and staff. Report maintenance requirements as needed.
- Prepare/assist with food preparations as directed by weekly/daily menu and resident needs. Prepare special meals as required by residents
- Perform sleepover duties as required.
- Successfully complete all training requirements established by DDD and PPEP and remain in compliance with certifications required (CPR/1st Aid, Fingerprint Clearance, annual policies/procedures) and other annual training requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to ethical, professional standards, HIPAA, and embraces cultural competencies.
- Works with the leadership team to support IDD services cooperatively and professionally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Have at least one (1) year of DDD DSP experience in the following:
- Implementing plans and guidelines mandated by the ISP, policy and procedures, etc.
- Documenting observations and maintaining facility records
- Conducting group or individual activities related to developmental, habilitative, or recreational programs
- Have one (1) year experience in providing either respite or personal care, and have received training, approved by the Az. DDD in implementing and documenting performance
- Have performed one (1) year of habilitation services or three (3) months under the direct supervision of an individual who is qualified to provide such services.
- High School diploma or G.E.D, in addition, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and MVR clearance to gain agency approval and must be able to drive.
- Must be 21 or older with an approved MVR to drive/transport.
- Must possess and maintain a Level I Fingerprint Card and Background Clearance or have the ability to receive an AZ DPS Fingerprint Level 1 clearance
- Must possess and maintain CPR, First Aid, Article 9, Prevention and Support DDD required trainings. If not, must successfully complete and receive CPR/First Aid certification and successfully complete Article 9 and Prevention and Support trainings offered.
- Must possess and maintain current QMAT and perform all Medication Administration duties or successfully complete this training.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English language as required for this position and service to clients.
- Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- One year of college studies involving nursing, sociology or psychology.
- Previous supervisory experience in DDD or client care level of services.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see and hear in order to monitor clients.
- Must be fully ambulatory and able to frequently lift, push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs and assist consumers in moving household items if necessary.
- Must be able to remain calm and non-defensive with a supportive attitude during crisis or potential crisis.
Special Notes: In-service training requirements. Due to Department of Health Services and the Division of Behavioral Health requirements, some positions in this category are required to provide medical clearance. Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that this category may have a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B Vaccine will be provided.
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
MUST APPLY ONLINE
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
Visit us at ppepintegratedcare.com to see what we're about!