Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pile Driver - Savannah, Georgia
at Prince Contracting
The Pile Driver works with pile-driving rigs that drive metal, concrete or wood piling into the earth during the early stages of construction. He or she drives concrete pilings to support bridges. Pile drivers work with a variety of hand and portable power tools, and frequently cut, join and fasten metal construction materials using welding equipment and oxy-acetylene torches.
· Works in heavy highway/bridge environment making and measuring pile
· Assists foreman with pile driving
· Study blueprints, sketches, or specifications
· Climbs up leeds to secure pile
· Smooth and polish all surfaces
· Maintain equipment and machinery
· Build and set forms for pouring concrete
· Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
· Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
· All work is performed outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat. Job requires long hours of standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking.
· Manual dexterity to handle and carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
· Maintain constant awareness of the jobsite’s various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.