Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Care-Pulmonary
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- 6400 Paseo Del Norte NE Albuquerque, NM 87113
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Per Required Need
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Provide routine and advanced respiratory care responsibilities, manage ventilators, implement cardiorespiratory protocols, and perform advanced airway care
*All Certified Respiratory Therapist responsibilities.
*Assists physicians with Bronchoscopy Procedures under departmental policy including monitoring and assessment of the level of consciousness, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems; as well as delivery of IV conscious sedation agents to include drugs in the classifications of opiods, benzodiazepines and sedative hypnotics and their reversal agents
*Initiates ventilator protocols; implements and coordinates ventilator management.
*Performs advanced airway care to include tracheotomy changes, extubation and intubation.
*Initiates and monitors high frequency ventilators.
*In NICU Therapists will also perform: Surfactant delivery, intubation and attend high risk deliveries.
*Optional procedures: transport team, intubation, and Back-up charge therapist.
*Initiates and monitors Nitric Oxide delivery
*Performs department specific functions as detailed within the summary of the department specific duties
Two to three years college level courses/Associates Degree/Diploma in Respiratory Care. New Mexico Respiratory Care Practitioner License, Registered Respiratory Therapist credential from the NBRC, ACLS and/or PALS , BLS required. Six months to one year critical care experience preferred
* Associate Degree
* Respiratory Therapy
* Reg Resp Therapist (NBRC)
* Respiratory Care Practcnr-NM License
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.