Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Clinical Care-Pulmonary
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Lincoln County Medical Center
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Nestled between tall pines and mountain vistas at an elevation of 6,900 feet, Ruidoso is home to Presbyterian Lincoln County Medical Center, which has served the community and surrounding areas since 1950. With a population of nearly 20,000, the Lincoln County area offers many larger-town amenities in a smaller-community environment. Learn more about Ruidoso: http://docs.phs.org/cs/groups/public/documents/phscontent/pel_00936253.pdf
Type of Opportunity: Per Required Need
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Medical Director provides cardiopulmonary diagnostic and respiratory therapeutic support for patients in the Hospital and/or outpatients that require cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing, respiratory treatment, and/or ventilatory support.
* Responsible for daily evaluation of respiratory care patients, the provision of routine and entry level critical care respiratory care procedures, and patient explanation and education.
* Participates in the planning and coordination of the operational and financial activities of the Respiratory Care Department.
* Assures the development, implementation, and maintenance of department policies and procedures.
* Assures departmental participation in the Hospital Quality Improvement Program.
* Responsible for processing and submitting daily patient charges for respiratory therapy and EKGs to Business Office personnel.
* Assures maintenance and readiness of respiratory therapy equipment.
* Performs EKGs and holter monitoring as prescribed by physicians.
* Coordinates and implements continuing education inservices for nursing staff to maintain competency in performance of respiratory care procedures.
* Represents the Hospital through participation in community activities to promote health and wellness.
Associates Degree/Certification as Respiratory Therapy Technician/Registered Respiratory Therapy Technician. Current New Mexico licensure as Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner required. CPR certification required. ACLS certification preferred. One to three years experience in respiratory care
Education: Associate Degree
Credentials: NM Radiation Therapy Tech
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.