Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
APC-FAMILY MEDICINE-DCT - LOGAN CLINIC
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : Name
- DCTM - Family Practice Clinic
- Default: Location : City
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday
Provide primary care services to patients, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention. Diagnose and manage acute and chronic diseases. Services include obtaining pertinent history, performing examinations, ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory tests and prescribing appropriate medications and treatment
*Primary health care providers, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention.
*Manage acute and chronic diseases.
*Order, conduct and interpret appropriate diagnostic x-ray and lab tests.
*Prescribe treatments medications and nonpharmacologic therapies.
*Involved in teaching and counseling individuals, families and groups.
*Work autonomously as well as collaborate with other health care providers as needed.
*Serve as health care resources, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocate.
*Performs other functions as required.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
For Nurse Practitioner - Masters degree in Nursing, New Mexico Nurse Practitioner license, federal and state DEA license and ANCC certification required. Minimum of one year experience preferred but not required
For Physician Assistant - Baccalaureate prepared CAHEA Certified Physician Assistant or two (2) years working experience as a Certified Physician Assistant, and licensed by the New Mexico Board of Medical Examiners required. Minimum of one year experience preferred but not required.
* Master Degree
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Diagnosing & Resolving Problems
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuse