Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ANALYTICS ASSOCIATE I - SYSTEM SERVICES INFORMATICS
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Routinely conduct standard and advance reporting/analytics and derive insights to drive business decisions and operations. Create and maintain accurate, complete, and timely routine reports/analysis and simple ad-hoc reports/analysis in understanding and support of business initiatives, accreditation, and/or regulatory compliance.
Project Management and Execution:
* Process, analyze, develop, maintain and distribute standard reports/analytics that are accurate, complete, and timely in understanding and in support of business initiatives, accreditation, and/or regulatory compliance
* Develop ability to transform data into an audience-appropriate story that can be used to support business decisions, identify accurate reporting/analytics solutions for problems, or questions
* Compile and maintain complete documentation to ensure requirements have been met, and results are accurate, repeatable, and reproducible
* Act as a data steward maintaining and ensuring data integrity by notifying manager and senior analysts of any potential data issues
* Accurately interpret and understand the business decision that customer is trying to make, problem they are trying to solve, or questions they are trying to answer
* Use appropriate data to meet customer requirements and identify and use most efficient and accurate approach to complete the reports/ analysis story
* Develop and validate reports/analysis to ensure accuracy via comparison to internal and external benchmarks and use of peer review as appropriate.
* Perform other reporting/analytics functions as and when required
Training and Guidance:
* Serve as a resource/educator to internal/external customers and peers regarding appropriate use of data and BI tools ensuring accurate understanding/use of reports/analytics/data and increase technical capability of tools
* Assist senior analysts/consultants in determining and developing the best content to share with others; support other team members in knowledge sharing best practices
* Coach and assist new team members to ensure knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
* Participate and contribute in developing presentations/publications with senior analysts within the Analytical Organization (AO)
* Contribute towards and assist senior leadership in developing a year-end value story to demonstrate value of the team and their contribution to progress towards the AO?s and PHS?s goals.
Bachelors in a data and analytics affiliate field such as Business Statistics and Analysis, Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science or related. One or more years of experience in data compilation, reporting and analytics utilizing data and analytics tools. Must demonstrate strong analytical skills/capabilities and communication skills (verbal and written). Strong working knowledge and/or experience with Microsoft Office products and other analytical tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Tableau etc. Prior Business Objects and health care experience preferred. Excellent written and oral communications is a MUST.
* Bachelor Degree
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Applying Analytical and Planning Skills
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Demonstrating integrity and ethics in day-to-day tasks and decision making
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.