Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
19/20 SY- REFRIGERATION MECHANIC (CC #2968)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Openings as of 5/27/2020
- 19/20 SY- REFRIGERATION MECHANIC (CC #2968) JobID: 3937
- Position Type:
Facilities, Maintenance & Warehouse/REFRIGERATION MECHANIC
- Date Posted:
DSF -DISTRICT SUPPORT FACILITY (CONSTR/FACILITIES)
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Refrigeration Mechanic DIVISION: Business/Operations
WORK YEAR: 12 Months DEPARTMENT:Plant Facilities
LOCATION: DSF SALARY SCHEDULE: Starting at $23.57 through $24.65 depending on experience.
The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and installing HVAC equipment throughout the District, keeping all systems running and trouble-free. Performs job related duties as assigned.
1. Maintains, repairs, and installs a wide variety of refrigeration and heating systems and equipment
varying between 2 to 600 tons in size.
2. Repairs walk-in boxes, frozen food boxes, and electric motors.
3. Repairs air cooled, water cooled, chilled water units and refrigeration control devices including ice machines.
4. Test and repairs a variety of electric and gas heating units and refrigeration devices.
5. Requisitions supplies, parts and equipment as needed.
6. Checks and reviews blueprints for district construction projects.
7. Assists in preparing bids, plans, and specifications for installation of HVAC systems District-wide; estimates cost of materials and labor in relation to job.
8. Maintains assigned equipment and assigned vehicles.
POSITION TITLE: Refrigeration Mechanic
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Five years’ previous journey-level experience as a Refrigeration Mechanic.
3. Knowledge of safe refrigeration repair and maintenance techniques, materials and equipment operation.
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
5. Physical ability to stand, turn, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, lift, push, pull, and climb ladders, scaffolds and poles.
6. Have satisfactory vision and hearing.
7. Possess a valid
8. Possess EPA certification for freon use.
General Chief as assigned, Craft Chief.