Phoenix Elementary School District #1
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Phoenix Elementary School District #1
This is a part-time hourly/sub position. This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Salary placement is $12.00 per hour.
Please note that this position requires that you are able to obtain an Arizona DPS issued level one fingerprint clearance card. If you do not already have a valid card we can assist you with rolling your fingerprints for the FBI criminal background check to obtain one at the time of hire.
The Bus Attendant assists in providing safe transportation for children who ride the bus to and from school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Assists children on and off the bus.
- Assists the bus driver in maintaining good student conduct.
- Works with bus driver as a team to keep the bus clean.
- Maintains regular attendance at work.
Supervises students who are riding on the school bus to and from school, as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass physical agility test and be able to lift/move up to 125 pounds.
- Must be able to pass CPR/first aid class.
- Must be able to effectively load/unload and secure wheelchairs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience with children preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information related to the job.
- Ability to write basic reports and general correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and general public (parents).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments, school personnel, other maintenance staff, and business contacts from outside of the District.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of safety rules and school discipline policies.
- Ability to read directions and prepare written reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use repetitive motions, While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This position is a grade 4 on the Support Staff Salary Schedule: $12.00 per hour
This is a part-time, position (less than 30 hours per week).
Job Contact Information
Thursday, February 6, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)