Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sterilization Processing Technician
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Sterilization Processing Technician|
|Department Location:||Health Center at Jet Wing, 1815 Jet Wing Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80916|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
This position is responsible for duties to assist the Clinical Dental Director (CDD), Dental Operations Director (DOD), Dentists, and Hygienists in the care and treatment of patients by serving as a dedicated technician of clinical sterilization. Performs sterilization inventory and dental records duties.
- Responsible as the clinic lead for the sterilization of instruments, ensuring instruments used for procedures are clean, sterilized, and prepared for clinical use.
- Properly sterilize all dental instruments/ medical instruments and equipment in accordance with departmental policy.
- Serves as centralized sterile processing for all of International Circle/ Printers Parkway sites.
- Perform all opening, closing and maintenance procedures as described in sterilization and maintenance policies, as well as other duties as assigned by DAS/CDD.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the dental lab and in the sterilization area.
- Perform weekly spore testing and maintain a log of the results.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of Autoclave and Statim.
- Maintain proper pre-set trays and ensure they are ready for anticipated procedures.
- Report inventory problems and/or supply requests to Dental Assistant Supervisor (DAS)/DOD.
- Provides exceptional customer service to make the patient encounter comfortable.
- Communicates concerns or problems with instrument flow, customer service or quality assurance to DAS.
- Assists with the training of new Dental Assistants or EDDAs on sterilization processes
- Assists with trainings of all Peak Vista staff on standardized sterilization processes; hosts rotation trainings through department to ensure standardization or sterilization.
- Acts as a member of the infection prevention team; and other teams as assigned.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- CRCST Certification preferred.
- Previous experience as a Sterile Processing Technician preferred.
- Previous experience working as a dental assistant is preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and abilities: Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred. Knowledge and fluent understanding of a dental clinic flow. An ability and willingness to learn and expand abilities. An ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with patients and coworkers. Ability to work in a team environment a must. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate charts, records, logs and reports.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.