Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Coordinator
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Patient Accounts Coordinator|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Summary: The Patient Accounts Coordinator’s responsibilities include administrative support to the Patient Accounts team and the determination of behavioral health benefits and pre-authorization prior to the patient’s date and time.
The Authorization position and job function is a value-added service requiring commitment to Peak Vista’s Core Values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Uses real time work list to prioritize workload in obtaining patient authorization prior to the scheduled services.
- Charges posting, billing of services, and follow up on behavioral health claims.
- Works in a collaborative, team environment by establishing strong working relationships with Payers, patients, providers, billing staff, and clinic staff.
- Obtains clinical notes from the practice management in order to obtain authorization on a scheduled behavioral health service.
- Adheres to expectations pertaining to status of patient benefits and/or authorization.
- Documents all eligibility, authorization, and determination of benefits information obtained in the patient’s medical record.
- Provides administrative support and manages the day-to-day administrative coordination of PVCHC's Patient Accounts Team.
- Directs support to the Directors of Patient Accounts.
- Works with team in coordinating training, department meetings, and special projects for the team.
- Maintains Patient Accounts policies and procedures. Orders supplies as needed for the department.
- May attend meetings as assigned as a recorder.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with patients and/or providers on non-covered benefits.
- Adheres to all HIPAA Guidelines.
- Stay informed; communicate any updates and/or changes in Payer authorization requirements.
- Informs Revenue Cycle leadership staff of potential reimbursement problem to receive direction on how to resolve situations.
- Participates in Team and Payer meetings.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improves goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: 1 year in a healthcare setting, experience with either billing or patient check in. Knowledge of billing system and medical terminology is needed.
Computer Skills: Basic – ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, and use printing functions; create a simple presentation in PowerPoint, run it, and print it
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three. See Exposure Control Plan for details.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com