Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of IT
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of IT|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Directs IT and the Medical Records Departments with the following duties:
- Oversee technical development projects and provides support and expertise to ensure alignment with company operational goals.
- Prepares annual operational budget for IT expenditures and assists in overall capital budget preparation for the department. Manages the secure operation, monitoring and maintenance of the computer equipment available in the organization.
- Manage the system development lifecycle including gathering requirements, provide technical input, maintain schedules, and tracking changes.
- Planning & Organizing – Collaborate with leadership and team leads to develop and maintain project/operational plans including prioritization of assignments/tasks.
- Monitors information technology hardware and application performance to ensure they are setup for high availability and performance, testing for validity of results, accuracy, reliability and conformance to established standards.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and improve quality, quantify impact, prioritize initiatives, and develop execution plans.
- Manage and build customer relationships and create client satisfaction, ensuring all requirements, schedules, deliverables and milestones are met for IT work orders, tasks, and projects.
- Discover, develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the industry, trends, and customer needs.
- Provide leadership to drive execution and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Lead technology team in all aspects of full life-cycle development, including requirements analysis, system design, and unit and integration testing, with documentation throughout.
- Monitors medical records scanning and release of information performance to ensure industry standards are being met and customers receive documentation in accordance with corporate standards.
- Assist the Vice President of IT as a technical advisor to management to develop realistic goals; Lead status meetings and establish department priorities to ensure staff is operationally aligned with the short and long terms goals.
- Tests and assure the disaster recovery process is capable of meeting recovery standards, business continuity plan in lieu of electronic systems being available, HIPPA compliance related to IT, and other regulatory compliance as needed.
- Serves as HIPPA Security Officer.
- Leads team to maintain and improve performance of company telephone system.
- Able to develop and maintain project plans, agendas, budgets, and minutes to communicate with corporate leadership project members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: Vice President of IT
Supervision Exercised: IT Service Desk Manager, IT Engineering Staff, and Medical Records Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business management, information technology and/or other related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Work Experience: 5-7 years IT management experience, 3-5 years senior management experience preferred. Healthcare and/or not for profit experience a plus.
Cognitive Skills (Language, Math, Reasoning Ability): Strong customer service skills, ability to negotiate, excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong reasoning and critical thinking abilities, decision-making capability required.
Computer Skills: Must have knowledge of Microsoft business programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, InfoPath, and OneNote. Needs to have an understanding of IT documentation requirements for corporate retention. Experience with virtual systems is a plus. Systems interfacing a plus. Knowledge of HIPAA requirements preferred.
Other Skills: Must be able to adapt and change based on external circumstances
Certificates & Licenses: Any computer certifications a plus.
OSHA Risk Level/Work Environmental Hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three. (See PVCHC's Exposure Control Plan for details).
Physical Demands: Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com