Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Team Nurse - Triage (Part-Time)
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Care Team Nurse - Triage (Part-Time)|
|ID:||5483, 5497, 5512|
|Category:||Nursing / Allied Health / Clinical Support|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves 93,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
***We currently have three (3) part time open positions that will cover all shifts, this may include but is not limited to:
Days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.***
The Triage Nurse performs all routine and emergent nursing functions pertinent to efficient, quality, ambulatory related triage care. This position performs phone triage according to length and severity of patient complaints and is responsible for prioritizing incoming patient calls and gathering vital information from patient (i.e. symptoms, age and current medical conditions). After gathering information, the nurse advises the patient of basic treatment options urges them to seek immediate care in an emergency room or schedules an appointment with their PCP or at CCC. This position will educate patients or family members as appropriate using approved triage protocols. This position acts as nurse support for the customer service team and a liaison between the patient and their primary care team. Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Assess and triage for the appropriate level of care based on comprehensive risk assessment including diagnosis, clinical judgment, and outcome goals.
• Assess patient’s readiness for change, physical and psychosocial needs Identify and link patients to available resources, social support systems, family support, etc.
• Facilitates access to quality and cost effective care Provides education to the patients, families, care-givers
• Encourages engagement and self-management of patients with regards to their own health Provides outreach to individuals as well as the community
• Provides in-reach to patients who are presently inactive in their healthcare
• Demonstrates an ability to utilize technology to include, but not be limited to, the Electronic Health Records, state registries, Health Information Exchange
• Maintains documentation of all interactions accurately and completely, implementing appropriate protocols for patients' charts and billing practices
• Maintains healthy working relationship with team members as well as staff from all levels of the organization
• Triage and appropriately delegating follow up needs for patients in regards to labs and any outside testing
• Patient advocate
• Able to provide education as needed to include disease processes and medication regimen
• Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
• The employee enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improve goals.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Assistant Director of Nursing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bilingual preferred.
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required; BSN preferred.
Work Experience: Two years' experience in clinical nursing preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software and Database software. Word, Excel, Electronic Health Record.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current Colorado RN License, Current CPR (BCLS) certification
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA Risk Level/Work Environmental Hazards:
This position has been categorized as OSHA Level One. (See PVCHC's Exposure Control Plan for details). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.