Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Provider - Developmental Disabilities Health Center
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Behavioral Health Provider - Developmental Disabilities Health Center|
|Department Location:||Developmental Disabilities Health Center 3207 N. Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
Be a part of the future of behavioral healthcare! Join our integrated healthcare team as a Behavioral Health Provider. Work as an integrated member of the medical care team to improve overall health outcomes for patients with developmental disabilities by providing efficient and effective behavioral health services. The goal is to detect and address a broad spectrum of behavioral health needs in the primary care patient population with the aim of early identification, quick resolution, long-term prevention, and wellness for as many patients as possible.
Nestled in the Front Range of the beautiful Rocky Mountains, Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center. The Developmental Disabilities Health Center (DDHC) focuses on providing exceptional health care for adult patients (18yrs and older) who have a developmental disability. This includes individuals with impairment in physical, learning, language and/or behavioral areas. The Peak Vista staff is a team of professional, caring individuals who are motivated, enthusiastic, respectful, energetic and committed to making a difference in the lives of our community.
A successful candidate should:
- be knowledgeable about and have a passion for working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
- be comfortable working in the fast-pace of care found in the primary care setting.
- have excellent diagnostic skills with a wide range of patients and is skilled in the biopsychosocial model of assessment.
- be capable of assessing and treating children, adolescents, and adults.
- have a skillset to treat a wide range of mental health conditions using empirically validated treatment approaches.
- preferably possess some working knowledge of psychopharmacology and chronic diseases.
- be team-oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Note: This position is 0.5 FTE in the Developmental Disabilities Health Center (DDHC) and 0.5 FTE in a primary care clinic (located in the same building).
Required licensure: LPC or LCSW, LP (accepted)
Additional skills preferred: Bilingual
Frequent standing and walking, occasional long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and frequent fine motor skills. Looking at computer screen continuously for long periods of time, hearing within normal range. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.