Oasis Behavioral Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Master Level Social Worker - $3000 Commitment Bonus!
at Oasis Behavioral Health
Empathy and understanding: do you hold these qualities close to your heart? At Sonora Behavioral Health, we put these values above all others when it comes to our patient care and employee’s happiness. We want you to come join our team!
Sonora Behavioral Health is the largest inpatient psychiatric hospital in Tucson with 140-beds serving adults, adolescents and children with behavioral health conditions and chemical dependency issues.
Our acute inpatient psychiatric hospital, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs allow our staff the opportunity to increase their professional development in the field of behavioral health. We encourage you to consider a career opportunity with us, as we offer excellent benefits, a positive and supportive work environment, plus many opportunities to make a difference.
We are hiring Master Level Social Workers who want to make a positive difference every day, for every patient in their care and are truly passionate about growing in their careers. Join a dedicated team of professionals and start providing life-changing treatment.
Weekday and Weekend Full Time, Part-Time and PRN shifts available.
Master Level Social Worker Purpose Statement:
Plan, direct, define and coordinate individualized and group therapeutic support and services to child/adolescent and/or adults with mental health, behavioral health and substance abuse issues promoting recovery, symptom reduction, increase coping skills and the achievement of the highest level of social functioning.
SOCIAL WORKER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Conduct psychosocial assessment of patient and update as needed.
Participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meeting to discuss psychosocial assessment, treatment planning and ongoing discharge planning.
Develop effective treatment plans that apply therapeutic principles appropriately while ensuring safety at all times for patients.
Deliver direct clinical services as needed.
May conduct intakes and assist in coordinating placements within facility programs.
May assist in developing and executing clinically relevant activities in coordination with activity professionals.
Communicate or aid family members in understanding, dealing with or supporting the patient.
Manage a caseload and maintain accurate and timely files and assure records comply with facility and accreditation standards.
May facilitate education, support groups and referrals as requested.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related Behavioral Health field required
- Licensure through Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners preferred or ability to obtain.
- 1 year clinical case-management experience in psychiatric care preferably in an inpatient or crisis stabilization setting.
- Experience working with severely mentally ill or dually diagnosed patients.
- Knowledgeable of community resources, providers and payor systems.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain
- Ability to complete Handle with Care course is required.
- Clear TB screening.
- Clear background and drug screen
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (as required per program requirements).
- Must be 21 years of age or older per Arizona Admin code R9-10-406..