Padre Dam Municipal Water District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GIS/CAD Specialist - 2 Year Limited Term Position
at Padre Dam Municipal Water District
The GIS/CAD Specialist processes and supports the maintenance and dissemination of data and applications in the District’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (GIS).Essential Duties
- Creates, updates, and generates graphic figures and maps utilizing the GIS and CAD systems.
- Assists with maintenance of GIS data utilizing the appropriate software in line with District standards.
- Interprets as-build drawings using coordinate geometry (COGO) to update CAD basemaps.
- Collaborates with various departments and end-users of all levels to determine data needs, provide problem solving and assistance, respond to inquiries, and produces customized GIS products.
- Creates and maintains web maps, web and mobile applications and integrates into system of record.
- Integrates data from diverse sources into GIS and CAD environments.
- Performs data analysis that includes but is not limited to raster, statistical, geospatial (2D/3D), and non-spatial.
- Assists with the development of data quality and cartographic standards.
- Makes recommendations to the GIS Coordinator and the Information Systems Manager on GIS software acquisition and configurations.
- Maintains and creates technical documentation and training materials. Trains and assists District staff in the use of GIS/CAD software.
- Utilizes various scripting tools within the GIS environment to customize and automate GIS processes and models.
- Utilizes relational database concepts and applies them in the GIS environment.
- Manipulates raster imagery (scanning, transforming and mapping). Able to scan using pre/post process techniques in order to georeferenced hard copy documents (maps, images, plats).
- Utilizes Global Positioning System (GPS) devices to collect field data and post-process the results to the GIS.
- Continual education to Regularly stays abreast of new trends, skill sets, GIS functionalities, and applications through continuing education in the field of GIS.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Please apply on our career page.