New Mexico Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New Mexico Bank & Trust
New Mexico Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Fraud Investigator independently reviews and investigates the circumstances of a fraud case and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), as appropriate. The Fraud Investigator will review daily reports to identify fraudulent activity and take mitigating action to reduce fraud losses. This role is ultimately responsible for identifying fraud and investigating cases escalated within the fraud monitoring software, reports and submitted fraud claims.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Investigate fraud claims submitted by staff and escalated alerts by Fraud Analysts.
2. Review circumstances of fraud claims for applicable laws and regulations.
3. Drafts and file fraud SARs once a quality control review has been completed.
4. Efficiently conducts and tracks investigations to ensure reporting timeframes are accomplished.
5. Review daily and periodic fraud reports, reporting fraud trends to the Fraud Program Manager.
6. Interact with Member Banks and customers to verify suspected fraudulent activity.
7. Act as a backup to the Fraud Analysts, BSA/AML Analysts, and BSA/AML Investigators.
8. Provide member banks and departments guidance on fraud related issues.
9. Assist in the recovery efforts of funds
10. Serves as the 314b contact for designated member bank(s).
11. Maintain a high level of confidentiality when compiling investigative information and escalating issues.
12. Complete annual e-learning plan, attend external fraud training, and maintain knowledge of current and emerging fraud trends within the financial industry.
13. Maintains compliance with applicable rules and regulations related to money laundering and other company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field - Business, Accounting, or Criminal Justice
2. 3-5 years of banking experience
3. 3-5 years of experience in BSA/AML, fraud investigations or related activity
4. Experience with SARs and fraud investigations, preferred
5. Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act compliance, bank regulations, UCC laws
6. Knowledge of various fraud and money laundering typologies
7. Experience with AML/Fraud systems, preferred
8. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
9. Ability to work remotely with supervision high level of independence.
10. Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
11. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize deliverables
12. Strong customer service skills
13. Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified AML & Fraud Professional (CAFP), preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
New Mexico Bank & Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
New Mexico Bank & Trust’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will