Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New Alternatives
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you can positively impact the lives of children? Join New Alternatives in a program that uses Trauma-Informed, Culturally-Sensitive and Evidenced-Based Practices to help families in your community.
Our licensed and unlicensed Clinicians provide individual and family therapy with children, youth and families who have recently interfaced with Child Welfare and been removed from their parent. Clinicians will work with a multidisciplinary team in homes throughout San Diego County. The ultimate goal of the program is to facilitate a child or youth's successful, permanent placement with identified biological parents, resource parents or relative caregivers. This short term therapeutic program (3-4 months) will provide youth and family with supportive and strength-based services in the community.Position Title: Licensed Clinician
• Clinician is responsible for completing a thorough assessment of need with youth and family to identify needs in the following areas: Primary Care physician, Substance Abuse treatment, support and/or treatment for domestic violence, medication management, therapy services, behavioral services, educational advocacy, and parenting education and support
• Full-time position with flexible hours, up to 8 hours a day.
• Responsible to ensure assigned medical records comply with all State and County mandates regarding implementation NAI services
• Participates in case consultation with the treatment team
• Collaborate with community partners, including county social workers, CASAs, schools, and other mental health providers.
• Remain available to assist with crisis assessment and intervention for NAI, as needed.
• Assist in any outreach efforts as requested by Program Director
• Utilize effective collaboration with community providers, Parent Partners and Family Advocates to increase youth and family follow-through with referred services
• Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize evidence-based & promising practices, as deemed appropriate
• Participate in supervision and team meetings.
• Other duties as assigned
• Full-Time Positions available.
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family counseling or other field of study that qualifies for licensure in the State of California.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: Current California License REQUIRED. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or a Licensed Professional Counselor.
FULL TIME BENEFITS with 30+ hrs/week:
• Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits
• Vacation and Sick Time; 403B Plan
• Family Fit Program through LA Fitness
**Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to Indeed and is not an accurate salary figure for NAI's job posting. Pay ranges will be discussed with qualified candidates upon receipt of resume.