Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Therapist- Full time
at New Alternatives
Join our innovative and creative team of clinicians in providing therapeutic services for adolescents in a residential setting. As a clinician in this intensive setting, you are able to work with youth in the milieu, school setting and during daily living activities, which allows for extensive clinical interventions. Work with our multi-disciplinary team of residential, nursing and psychiatry staff who are committed to providing the highest level of clinical care to our youth.
Group supervision, additional training and promotional opportunities available.
New Alternatives, Inc. provides residential, foster care, in home, outpatient, transitional housing and school based services for abused, neglected and traumatized children, adolescents and families in both San Diego and Orange county.
New Alternatives, Inc. is committed to providing Trauma Informed Care principles throughout our agency. Candidates should have knowledge and/or desire in assisting the agency carry out this culture.
Clinicians will be trained in Motivational Interviewing, Why Try, Difference Makers and Core Gifts and providing Trauma Informed Care, in addition to other therapeutic techniques and frameworks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Diagnoses client's problems by collecting and evaluating information about the client's situation.
* Develops treatment plan by establishing treatment goals with the client; determining treatment methodologies.
*Provides individual, group and family therapy.
* Advises client by suggesting and exploring resolutions; discussing progress toward goals.
* Obtains services by initiating referrals.
* Monitors progress toward treatment goals by evaluating and adjusting services provided.
* Assures quality service for clients by working closely with residential staff, referral sources and enforcing rules, documenting events of the therapeutic process.
*Conducts monthly treatment teams on clients and provides updates and modifications to plans as needed.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
* Maintains agency credibility by establishing working relationships with community resources.
*Masters Degree AND MUST BE REGISTERED with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (intern number).
*Experience working with abused, neglected and traumatized children or adolescents.
*Experience and skill in working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
* 1-2 years experience providing individual, group and family therapy.
*Experience in residential, day treatment or school settings
* 1 year work with substance abusing adolescents or adults
Full Time Benefits
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Vacation, Sick Time
- 403B Plan
- Paid meal times and no cost meals provided during shift
- Pay starts at 37,000/year for unlicensed
We are taking precautions due to COVID-19 and all our efforts will be thoroughly explained in the initial job interview.