National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-Analytical Technician - COVID Testing - Pool/PRN
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Clinical Lab - Administration
Work Hours: Variable
Req # 13821
Some call it a career, for us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking Pre-Analytical Technicians to join our motivated and fast-paced COVID testing team. Positions are temporary with the following schedules available:
- Thursday – Sunday / 1:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- Tuesday – Saturday / 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
Base rate of pay is $21.00/hour plus potential for additional shift differential based on schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Perform all duties according to QA/QC guidelines outlined within the Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories quality system.
- Follow the laboratory’s and NJH established policies and procedure manuals. Reviews and signs laboratory and personnel SOP on an annual basis.
- Manage receiving and handling of samples for processing in multiple laboratories.
- Work closely with the Phlebotomy staff to ensure timely delivery of critical samples.
- Communicate with laboratory staff on the status of the delivery or receipt of samples.
- Identify problems and resolve or notify appropriate person of issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Perform data entry and QC of all patient/client information into the LIS/LIMS system for sample tracking.
- Follows clinical department requirements with regard to specimen types, understands how specimen types are related to the test(s) ordered, and quantity needed for each test, prepares samples for biological processing, including specimen handling and delivery.
- Maintains understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of recent work experience in a laboratory and/or lab assistant training, and a medical background which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory is preferred.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.