Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The AVP, Funds Transfer Pricing and Specialized Production Lead is responsible for production support and advance analytics with regard to Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) for MUFG.
- Perform internal quality control checks related to monthly actual and forecast production process including FTP rates for business unit and product profitability
- Perform advanced analytics for issue resolution through detailed research of source system data, calculations, etc. in support of MUFG business partners
- Primary responsibility for FTP enhancements and ad hoc reporting
- Document procedures and methodologies to improve transparency in FTP modeling and results
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of fixed income instruments including mortgage-related products, auto/ credit card products, indeterminate maturity deposits, and interest rate risk measurement concepts such as market valuation, spreads, prepayments, duration, basis risk, etc.
- Role will also be responsible for providing thought leadership to inform/improve the monthly FTP process through a partnership with Treasury, Business Unit Finance and FP&A.
- Advanced Degree in finance, accounting or another quantitative discipline and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions. MBA/CFA professional certification preferred.
- Understand FTP calculation methodology and key impact drivers such as market interest rates, match funding, asset and liability duration and balance sheet activity
- Minimum of seven years of finance/ banking industry experience with at least 3 years on FTP. Power user of FTP software packages including OFSAA FTP / QRM / model design and implementation experience and functional/technical experience of Hyperion, Essbase and OBIEE
- Excellent understanding of key financial statements specifically a bank's balance sheet.
- In-depth knowledge of complex financial products and businesses.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to condense highly technical subject matter into clear and effective communications for Executive Leadership
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.