Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Quality Coordinator - Central
at Mountain Park Health Center
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for monitoring clinical supply policies and procedures, provide continuing education, preparation for The Joint Commission, Infection Control, Safety Procedures, Emergency Preparedness, assist with performance improvement monitoring and other clinical related programs as necessary.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and writing clinical support policies and procedures. Conduct ongoing tracer reviews and maintain policies and procedures to ensure documentation remains in compliance.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Clinical Quality and Operations Staff to determine educational and training needs for the organization. Coordinate, develop, and/or facilitate educational programs for medical assistant staff on infection control, safety procedures, and other topics, as needed. Ensure training programs support and enforce the policies and procedures, and comply with regulatory entities. Evaluate and audit training effectiveness on an on-going basis. Make oral and written presentations to departments and management, as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of emergency preparedness and pandemic plans and activities. Attend local and regional meetings, work with the community and other State Community Health Centers to identify resources and develop an effective Emergency Preparedness Plan. Participate with lead safety officer in conducting in-service sessions on emergency preparedness.
- Oversees procedures on CLIA Waived Test to ensure compliance with regulatory entities such as Joint Commission, Department of Health, etc. Works in conjunction with the Clinic Operations Managers ensuring clinical quality controls are in place and being used.
- Ensure enforcement of safety guidelines, including National Patient Safety Goals, and risk management issues. Educate, train and evaluate MA staff and other departmental staff when appropriate.
- Coordinates and oversees the infection control process in the clinical departments to comply with regulatory entities such as The Joint Commission.
- Maintain current knowledge of Joint Commission, and other clinical regulatory requirements. Attend Quality Management Meetings and other programs to remain current knowledge on applicable regulations and requirements.
- · Perform clinical tracers and report findings and plans for improvement if needed to Quality Management.
- Assist with development of material and tools to resolve inadequacies.
- Participate on various committees such as Safety & Infection Prevention and any other applicable committees, as needed.
- Assist the support staff with reports, tracking and trending as indicated.
- Contribute to team effort;perform other duties as assigned and complies with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to those addressing HIPAA and Compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Current R.N. licensure from the Arizona State Board of Nursing
Minimum five years clinical nursing experience or equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
BSN required and Masters preferred.
Current CPR required
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.