Maricopa Integrated Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist
at Maricopa Integrated Health System
Req # 26234
Lab - Clinical · Maricopa Medical Center
Regular - Full Time 40 Hours Per Week, Evenings
(15) $13.24 - $21.19
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens. Processes specimens for laboratory procedures. Completes all clerical tasks involved in specimen collection, processing and laboratory compliance.
Under the direct supervision of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position performs a variety of venipuncture techniques involved in the collection of blood specimens. Processes specimens for laboratory procedures. Completes all clerical tasks involved in specimen collection, processing and laboratory compliance.
Requires a High school diploma or GED certificate. Requires graduation from a certified phlebotomy program or an equivalent combination of training or experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned work. Requires knowledge of venipuncture and various collection techniques. Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation. Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills. Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment. Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Analytical Skills are strongly preferred.
Living our values
At Maricopa Integrated Health System, our values inspire us to dream big and reach high. And we’re delivering some of the most sophisticated care in the country, while making a genuine difference in the lives of our patients and each other. That's the power of an environment driven by values like respect, leadership, compassion and education.
- Maricopa Medical Center, a critical care hospital - the largest teaching hospital in AZ
- The Arizona Burn Center, a nationally renowned regional burn center- 2nd largest in the nation
- A level 1 Trauma Center and emergency department
- The Arizona Children’s Center at MIHS, a 24/7 Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Unit
- The Comprehensive Healthcare Center
- The Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
- 12 Family Health Centers located throughout Maricopa County
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Arizona State Retirement System Plan with a lifelong pension upon retirement
- Generous PTO + 10 holidays per year