Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Special Projects, Assistant to the CEO
If you’re looking for an interesting and ever changing position, you’ve found it. We are a thriving, multi-brand, national franchisor looking for a Manager of Special Projects, Assistant to the CEO.
So, what is a Manager of Special Projects? You will be tasked with all sorts of interesting things. You’ll help organize our company adventure trips. Last year we took 50 people to Croatia for an island to island boating adventure. You’ll help coordinate our annual convention. You can assist with our non-profit initiative - MaidPro Cares as we help kids living at a children’s home in Belize. You’ll also get to help the CEO with all his crazy...and not so crazy ideas.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated person who loves variety, is flexible, organized, and proactive. In this position you will work in tandem with our CEO on a wide variety of short-term and long-term projects. You will oversee tasks delegated to you, coordinate with all necessary parties, and ensure that the project is moving forward on time and on budget. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. GIven the nature of the work assignments and confidentiality with some projects, a high degree of judgment and discretion is required. The ability to motivate others and keep them on task in a positive and encouraging manner is critical.
- Provide general administrative and operations support to the CEO
- Organize and monitor project timeline to ensure that deadlines are met
- Coordinate resources within MaidPro and outside vendors
- Engage in research projects
- Support administration and logistics regarding managing, scheduling, and preparing for meetings
- Provide logistical support for events
- Oversee, manage, and update the MaidPro Intranet
- Explore and suggests cool and creative travel destinations for company-wide travel
- Create surveys to solicit ideas or generate feedback
- Compose creative presentations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience as an event planner (specifics, size, domestic, international, large scale)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assist with drafting presentations
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Positive and encouraging personality
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Comfortable traveling internationally
- Creative writing skills
MaidPro is a Boston-based franchisor of residential cleaning services with over 275 offices throughout the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1997, takes pride in its strong owner community, kick-ass proprietary technology, and creative marketing. The Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade.
We hire people who are natural learners, passionate about their careers and love to see the results of their work help businesses grow! We provide a fun place to work where people are nice, individuality is respected, learning is continuous, and your cutting edge ideas are welcomed. We have an on-site wellness program which includes group and personal fitness training, yoga, nutrition and meditation.
The ultimate Boston work location! We are located right next to the Boston Garden, steps away from the North Station Commuter Rail, orange and green line, Route 93 and Storrow Drive.